Friday, July 6, 2012

The details...

The details...
All the tiny little details!!
I wanted to soak them all in!!
I couldn't believe that she was here...
and that she was so tiny!
My smallest baby yet!!
My early bird : )

The first thing I noticed was how
delicate she looked!
Her features were so dainty...
there was no mistaking her for a boy!
She looked so girly already...
so girly in her pink hospital cap!!
Oh her toes...
those wonderful baby toes!!!
So tiny...
so sweet....
oh how I LOVE baby toes!!
Her face...
her face was so new
but yet so familiar...
I had seen that face before!
She looked like her big brother Owen!
That familiar face was so comforting.

Her newborn skin
so soft and pink!!!
The way her toes curled...
the way she held her hands...
exactly like her big brother Owen.
I I loved the way
she pursed her lips right
before she cried!
Oh that newborn cry...
only this time it was different!
It wasn't a loud cry...
it sounded more like a kitten : )
Not the loud immediate cry like
her big brothers.
A more lady like cry...
that got more intense if her needs
were not met ASAP!
Oh those first few hours after she was born...
just us...
just a daddy and a mommy

soaking in all the details
of our long awaited
sweet little girl!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana, thanks for posting new pictures. Wish you lived closer so I could see Brynn sooner. Love you all, Debbie

laura said...

i cannot keep reading these posts. i'll be knocked up before i know it! she is darling, dana. love reading about all these little moments from her first day.