The day of our trip to Disney!!
I had a meticulous list of the things
that I needed to pack and spent the last
two days making sure it was all packed and
checked off!!
Between the 3 of us we had 2 large suitcases
and 2 smaller ones.
Not to mention the carry ons...
a diaper bag, a book bag...
a stroller, and a mini book bag for Owen.
It's amazing how much we needed!
My hands were full!!
Thanks to Gavin I woke up at 4am...
fed him and put him back to bed!
I showered...
got everything downstairs and into
the car.
My very dear friend Tammy spent
the night to be here in the morning
to help out with the boys!
I woke them up around 5:15..
got them dressed, fed, and out the
door by 5:45 so we could catch our
7am flight!
For those that know me know that
that was nothing short of miraculous!!!
For once in my life there was no procrastination...
no last minute things...
I was ready to go!!!
We arrived at the airport in plenty of time!
Plenty of time to check our bagsand get through security.
I have to say that people were sohelpful to the mommy of 2 little boys!
The TSA people made it as easy as
possible leaving RDU!
They didn't even make me fold up my
stroller and put it through the x-ray!
They wanded it and we were off!
The boys did great and so did I!
Thanks to my careful planning
security was a breeze!
Once we got to our gate
these boys made lots of friends!
There were plenty of helpful
folks to make things easier!
Owen walked down to the
airplane like he did it all the time!
Although while I was folding the stroller
he found some fun buttons to try to push!!
Thanks to my mommy senses I turned around
just in time : )
I would hate for him to be on the no
fly list at such a young age!
But they did look like fun buttons to push!!
Lots of red, blues, and yellows!!
Owen was so excited to
buckle up!
In fact I tried to help and he
said...
"I'll do it by myself!"
He wanted to test everything out!
The window shade...
the tray table...
the recline button...
Once he got that out of his system
he focused on what was happening
outside.
He saw some suitcases and
wanted to know which
"foot case" was ours : )
It makes me laugh when he says that!
He loved the take off part!
He kept saying...
"We're higher Mommy!"
Once he was tired of looking out
the window came his surprise!!
His own Portable DVD player!
He was so happy!
He said..
"I'm a big boy now!"
It was a great investment!!
Sweet baby Gavin did what
he does best!
He smiled and giggled at
everyone and when he
was done with that
he took a little nap : )
My wonderful hubby who was
hiking in Colorado
sent a surprise for me!!
My travel must haves!!!
I'm a lucky girl!
Once we landed in Orlando
it was smooth sailing...
or should I say bus riding
on the Disney Magic Express!
They picked up our bagsand delivered them straight to
our hotel!!!
Thank goodness!! I'mnot sure how I would have
done it without a little
Disney Magic!!
Owen was thrilled to ride the busand was even more thrilled to
get to the hotel and start our vacation!
1 comment:
Dana,
I didn't realize you took the boys to Disney by yourself! You're a braver woman than I am! You made it look/sound easy and looking glamorous all the while! Hats off to you, Super Mom!
Michelle Mann
Post a Comment