Friday, February 27, 2009

Folly Beach Weekend

Last weekend we packed up and headed south to see my family in SC. We arrived late Thursday night and Owen was the best little co-pilot. He watched Baby Einstein for awhile then snoozed the rest of the way there. Traveling with him is getting a little easier as long as the ride is no longer than 5 hours... after that forget it! Even though we got there so late he had no problems going right back to sleep. I think the ocean air really helped! Friday was going to be the only good day weather wise...so we knew we had to cram a lot in. The rest of the weekend was going to be cold and rainy. Just the type of weather you want when you go to the beach! After breakfast we got up and went to play on the beach for awhile. Owen had a blast playing in the sand. If he could talk I think he would say his favorite part was climbing up the stairs! He then moved on to playing with a sailboat. He was quite the little boat captain. This is where I noticed his new smile. I had seen it before but this was when I realized that it was for keeps. He used to smile with his big blue eyes wide open. Now he crinkles up his eyes and scrunches his nose. It really is cute but I miss the sparkle in those blue eyes. Maybe it's just a phase.... or really bright light. Either way he is still pretty cute. Maybe this is just his mischievous grin! We played on the beach for quite some time soaking up some much needed vitamin D. Even though in true Hanson tradition we were all covered in sunscreen!! After all that fun on the beach it was time for a much needed nap. I'm not sure who needed one more between him and Cooper! Here are some cute pictures of Owen on the Beach!
Flashback April 2008

Look at how much he has grown!

After nap time we headed to downtown Charleston! There were lots of things to do and see at the Battery! It was really neat for me to see Owen playing there because I have so many great memories of playing there with my brothers as a kid.

After we played and posed for pictures we took a stroll through Charleston. We visited the market, strolled by Rainbow Row, and took in all the Charleston charm! My brother suggested we go to Waterfront Park. It is fairly new to Charleston and I had never been. It was beautiful and is on my list of things to do now each time we visit. As you will see in the pictures Owen LOVED playing in the fountains. After a fun day we had dinner at the Folly Beach crab shack! Flashback
April 2008 February 2009

2 comments:

Whitney said...

WOW!!! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Charleston is such a beautiful place and Owen is lucky to have family in so many fun places. Love you Aunt Penny