Monday, August 18, 2008

Week without mom and dad

So we did it... we actually left him for a week with my parents while we went on a little vacation of our own. James and I were both surprised by how much we missed him. I don't think a day went by that we both didn't say that we missed Owen. I was really sad the first few days. I knew that he was going to be just fine but, I still worried. I left him in his capable grandparents hands with about a million and one instructions and told them to take tons of pictures while we were gone. Apparently Owen had a blast. He made a lot of new friends at the pool, had homemade waffles for breakfast, strolled by the bay, and had everyones undivided attention. We are so glad that he had a great time but, how can we compete with that!!
While we were gone.....
Owen became a shark wrestler
Dined on waffles for breakfast

Played with Bailey

Made new friends at the pool

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Owen,
Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop miss you very much. Pop pop missed having breakfast with you and I miss your help cleaning up big ole' Bailey's hair. Who will go to the pool with mom-mom today?
Have fun with mommy and daddy. See you soon.
XOXO Mom-Mom

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, I sure am glad mommy and daddy had a good time on their trip. We sure did enjoy our day with you at the pool and are glad mommy and daddy left you with Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop for your vacation. You are growing so fast and I will see you soon. Love you, Aunt Penny

Marc and Nichole Johnson said...

You guys are my heros. A whole week without a baby?! Tell me all about the full nights of sleep and naps you were able to take....ahhhh. We have got to get together soon. Owen...I can't believe you wrestled a shark! You will make your debut on Discovery Channel in no time.