Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poor Baby!

It's been a rough 2 days in the Hanson household. Poor Owen is sick! Tuesday night night he started running a mild fever so we gave him some Tylenol to help with the fever. He woke up at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning burning up! It was very scary. We went to the Doctors office first thing Wednesday morning. The doctor said his ears were perfect and so was his throat. All good news! Yet we still didn't know what was causing the fever. I told the Doctor that he was teething. She didn't think that would cause his fever to be so high. She decided to do a blood test to see if it was viral or bacterial. UH'OH! The nurse came in to prick his finger and I think I felt it as much as he did. I did have a debate with myself while waiting for the nurse if I should make a run for it or not. It's hard to be the mommy and watch your baby get stuck with a needle. My little guy was brave and gave me a big hug when it was over. I was glad he wasn't mad at me! 10 minutes later the doctor came back in and said that it must be viral because of his white blood cell count. She said to keep doing what I have been doing and to watch for signs of dehydration. He is feeling a little bit better today. No fever but, still a little cranky. He took a really long nap from 12:30 until 4:00. I was so worried that he was sleeping so long that I kept going in his room to check on him to make sure everything was alright. Fingers crossed that he will be all better by tomorrow! Now if only that top tooth would make its appearance...
Look at his boo-boo from the needle : (

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor little guy. Mom Mom is sorry you are not feeling well and had to get a boo boo on your finger. Wish I was there to give you a big hug and kiss. Hope you feel better soon. Love you, Mom Mom

Whitney said...

Hope you're feeling better buddy! Poor little guy! Love you buckets of oodles of noodles :)

Anonymous said...

Owen hope you're feeling better! Love you Aunt Debbie