Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thrasher's French Fries

It's not everyday that you get to document the first time someone has Thrasher's French Fries. Thrashers has been an Ocean City tradition since 1929. I'm pretty sure that I have been eating them since I had teeth. I can't imagine going to Ocean City and not getting a bucket of fries! I'm sure some of you are wondering what in the world makes Thrasher's so good. I'm not sure if I can put it into words. I'm not sure what would make someone want to eat a large BUCKET of fries. Maybe it's because they are fresh cut potatoes, maybe it's the combo of salt and vinegar, maybe it's how they are cooked in peanut oil or maybe it's because they are hot and fresh each time! For me it's because they are perfectly crispy! I think each person has their reason for standing in a 30min-1hour lines to get their bucket of fried goodness! Just don't ask for Ketchup!!!!!!
I couldn't wait to see what Owen thought of his first glorious taste of Thrasher's French Fries. Of course he loved them!! I think he is going to keep the tradition going!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the tradition!! Good to see he was in the Atlantic Stand enjoying the good life. Sure Pop Pop and Mom Mom were close by, Aunt Penny

Anonymous said...

Yummy! The only thing that could make it better would have been an Atlantic Stand cheeseburger.
Aunt Debbie