Another mother's day has come and gone! I have come a long way since last year! It's amazing how you think you have it all figured out and then this little person comes along and turns your world upside down. My life has been forever changed! I have accepted that my life is no longer my own. I have accepted the fact that I will never be able to sleep past 7:00am. I have accepted the fact that my food is no longer just mine and that I will give up my last bite of deliciousness just to see my little man smile! I have accepted the fact that fancy dinners are a thing of the past. I have even accepted that I no longer control the radio in the car nor do I control the TV. My life is ruled by the whims of a 33 inch tall little boy. So yes at long last I have learned to put myself second. It was a slow process but this little guy has completely won me over. At 19 months he has become my sun, moon, and stars. I love that little man!!
It's not always easy being the mommy and I admit there are times that I want hit the pause button. Then there are the moments where just one hug, one kiss, one smile from him melts my heart. I love that little man! A wise mommy friend told me The days are long, but the years are short! It makes me stop and think about how fast he is growing up and reminds me to hug and kiss him one more time than I did the day before. What a blessing I have in my little boy! Just one little sparkly smile can light up my day!
Thanks for making me a mommy Owen!
Thanks James for helping me be the best mommy that I can be!
4 comments:
I love it!!
Love,
Christine
P.S. soooooooo looking forward to your visit!
Owen sure is lucky to have a mommy and daddy that love him so much and he makes their days so special. Dana you have always been special and I am so glad you are having the best time in your life enjoying the long days and will always love the short years. Love you all Aunt Penny
Owen, You are a very special little man. You are lucky to have a mommy and daddy who love you so much and take such good care of you. I loved playing with you last weekend and can not wait to see you Thursday night.
Love you, Mom Mom
Dana, you bought tears to my eyes. The years are short... its hard to believe Will is going to graduate May 30th! I want to push the rewind button. Owen is a lucky little boy.
Love you all. Aunt Debbie
Post a Comment