Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Birthday Celebrations

This weekend was full of birthday parties! Owen's friends Emily and James both had their first birthday parties and Owen was there to help celebrate. On Saturday we travelled to Clayton,NC to celebrate with the Johnson's. James was a super sweet birthday boy and shared all of his toys. He had an airplane themed birthday party with a yummy cake from Edible Art! I heart birthday cake! Here are some pictures from our birthday weekend.
Owen made his first trip to the ABC store to get a present for the birthday boys dad!

Owen and the birthday boy James!

Clearly it was time to go!

The John Deere toy was the best part of the day for Owen. He was OBSESSED with it. I guess my little guy is a country boy now. We will have to cross out the NY,NY on his birth certificate if he is going to ride on a John Deere. However, I am drawing the line when it comes to cowboy boots and hats. NOPE! Here are some pics to show just how much he LOVED this toy!

Disclaimer: I'm not sure that this song is really appropriate for a kids slide show. But it's all I could think of when I saw him on the John Deere toy.

On Sunday we went to Emily's Elmo themed party. Owen had fun splashing in the pool and eating jello for the first time. Here are some pics from the party...

Owen chose a European look for his swimwear. He thought a Speedo was a good birthday party swimsuit. I can't believe I forgot his bathing suit. BAD MOMMY!

Trying to decide if he likes Jello. I secretly hope not because I don't want him to eat too much red food dye!

Owen and Emily

No comments: