Owen and I were off to Gymboree today! We signed up for the music class. I thought this would be fun for him because he loves music. Of course the day we went was country western day. To my dismay it seemed more like bluegrass day. I decided to be a good sport and go through with it. Owen loved the shakers and beating on the drum. But most of the time he looked at the teacher like she was nuts. He left me all by myself and sat in another moms lap and hungout there. She had a scarf on that he wanted so badly to play with... so I didn't take it personally. So there I was singing "Have you ever gone to meetin' Uncle Joe" all by myself. I still hear this song in my head. Finally Owen came back over in time to sing "Way down yonder in the paw paw patch"! Owen got a kick out of this song and was clapping along. He got really excited when the teacher sang his name in the song. Hopefully next time we go will not be country western day!!!!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Gymboree
Owen and I were off to Gymboree today! We signed up for the music class. I thought this would be fun for him because he loves music. Of course the day we went was country western day. To my dismay it seemed more like bluegrass day. I decided to be a good sport and go through with it. Owen loved the shakers and beating on the drum. But most of the time he looked at the teacher like she was nuts. He left me all by myself and sat in another moms lap and hungout there. She had a scarf on that he wanted so badly to play with... so I didn't take it personally. So there I was singing "Have you ever gone to meetin' Uncle Joe" all by myself. I still hear this song in my head. Finally Owen came back over in time to sing "Way down yonder in the paw paw patch"! Owen got a kick out of this song and was clapping along. He got really excited when the teacher sang his name in the song. Hopefully next time we go will not be country western day!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you go to the Gymboree in Durham? We go to music class on Wednesdays and I can't get that "Uncle Joe" song out of my head!!
Post a Comment