Thursday, January 20, 2011

Growing Up

Dear Owen,
You are really growing up
these days!
I can see it in your face!
The chubby little round face
I used to know is gone.
Now I see a big kid...
the big boy that you have become!
Now that you are a big kid
you like to find a quiet spot to read
all of your favorite books!
You love Kevin Henkes books
because the character shares your
name!
You love that the little mouse has a
blanket just like you!
You really like reading  your big kid books to us.
The proud look on your face warms
my heart!
I love the way you use the pictures
to remember the story!
This is a long way from the little
toddler that didn't want to sit still
long enough to read a book!
You are a big kid now and
big kids like to read books!


Now that you are a big kid
you have big kid jobs!
Or as you like to call them...
Owen jobs.
These are jobs that you picked
out all by yourself.
An Owen job is...
Feeding Cooper
Getting the Mail
Putting your cup in the sink
Picking up your toys
These are just a few of the things
that you have started to do!
All on your own.

You are such a big help
to me with Gavin!
You love to get me bags for
the poopy diapers : )
You love to pat his back when
he is sad.
I love how you call him
"Gavy Gav"!
He smiles when he sees
you and he thinks you
are hilarious.
You are turning into such
a sweet big kid.
You have become a
big kid with a huge heart
and a great big smile!
I love the big boy that
you have become!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owen, you are such a big boy to help mommy and daddy. Tell them you need an allowance for all of that work:)

Love you, Mom-Mom