Thursday, January 6, 2011

Owenism: God our Father

Owen has been saying the funniest things
these days!
I really need to write these things down
before I forget them!!!
Today was one of those days...

It's like pulling teeth to get
any details about his school
day from him.
Today he told me that Jack
splashed him in the face and got
his shirt all wet.
That's it...that's all he had to say.
So I continued to pry...
Our conversation went like this...

me: "Did your teacher read you a book about penguins?"
Owen:   "No"
Me: "Did you go outside to play today?"
Owen: "Yes."
Me: "Did you sing any songs?
Owen: "Yes! We sing God our Fader!"
Me: "Can you sing it for me?"
Owen: " No I can not!"
Me: ( I started to sing a made up version)
Owen: "No Mommy! Like this..."
"God our Fader
God our Fader
We hank you
We hank you
Hank you for food today
Oh-man Oh-Man"

I couldn't help but laugh!
Especially when he got to the
Oh Man part!!

Here are the actual words
Sung to the tune of Are you Sleeping: )

God our Father, God our Father
We thank you, We thank you
For our many blessings
For our many blessings
Amen, Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you can put little things like that here, it will keep them forever and always make you smile. Thanks for sharing with all of us we get to smile with you. Love, Aunt Penny

Anonymous said...

Owen you make me smile and smile and smile........ Love you, Mom-Mom