This week my little Christmas elf has been very busy!! Between shopping, art class, Stretch and grow class, and playdates we had to make time to bake cookies and make Christmas ornaments for our playdate party. I'm full of bright ideas but no time!!! I decided to do a craft at this years playdate cookie exchange party. As if baking 3 dozen cookies wasn't enough to do. I found a recipe for salt dough ornaments and thought"perfect!". It was perfect 8 hours later when I perfected the technique. At first I had plain dough ornaments that I thought weren't quite flashy enough and would need to be painted and then I had the fabulous idea to add food coloring. Voila! That was the ticket. Thank goodness I had such a good helper to make all the cookies and ornaments. Did I mention I can't stop eating all the cookies that we swapped!
Santa Owen adding some flour to the dough
1 comment:
Owen, Love your cookie ornaments. Looks like lots of fun with all of your friends. Mommy did a good job with your ornaments and hand print. I also think your photo session with Cooper was special. He looked like he was bored with posing and you were having a big time. Love you all. Aunt Penny
Post a Comment