Friday, July 10, 2009

Just say no to Watermelon

At our weekly play date Alex's mommy brought some watermelon to share. I thought it would be a perfect chance to get our picky eater to try some fruit. Of course he would want to try it if all of his friends were eating it. NOPE! He didn't even try it, wouldn't look at it, wouldn't dream of it. There was no convincing him to take a big juicy bite. He shook his head NO...and that was it. My dreams of him eating fruit were over. I watched all the other cuties with juice running down their shirts smile while eating this summer time treat. All the while glancing at my fruit scrooge who was eyeing the brownies instead. What can I say he knows what he likes!!!
Owen reaches for the Brownies instead of the watermelon!
He looks grossed out! EWWWW! Fruit! Here is signing more.... as in more brownies! However he had not had a brownie yet. I don't even know how he knew what was in the container.
He was happy at last when we let them loose to play!
I can't believe how well he can climb things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who do you take after, you don't like fruit? Maybe later I'll like it. Wow some mountain climber you are!!!!XOXOXOXO Love and kisses all around. Love Nanny