My sweet baby boy!!
It's hard to believe what
we have been through together
over the last 5 years, 1month, and 8 days!
You and I have kinda gone through
this together!
Since you are my first born
you've taught me how to be a mom
to a
newborn...
a teething 6 month old...
a one year old just starting to walk...
a two year old facing spinal surgery
a three year old that has become a big brother...
a four year old that's learning how to write...
and now a 5 year old!!!!
I'm learning a lot about this age.
This age is breaking my heart...
you are no longer little but
a full fledged big kid.
Just recently it dawned on me
that you have already started to
let go of your little kid ways.
You say things like you don't want
to wear or do something because your friends
will laugh at you.
That breaks your mama's heart.
You are starting to be so self aware.
I'm also learning that 5 is the age
of learning to be separate from your mom.
It's the age of questioning,
of attitude...
but most of all silly jokes.
You want to know all the time
if something is...
1) Funny
2) A little funny
or 3) Sorta funny.
I love the look in your eye when you
have done something to make me laugh!!
You have have helped me
learn so much on my journey
in motherhood.
It's a path I have never been down.
You have been my rock,
my best hugger, my compass when
I feel lost!
Over the last 5 years we have welcomed
2 more kids to our family!You help me each day as you learn to be
the "biggest" brother and I learn to be the mom
of 3!
We are both learning to fill
these knew roles!
You are so good in your
role as big brother!
You show your brother and sister
such tenderness and kindness that
it makes my heart swell!
I may not always get things right...
I may not always understand the
mind of a 5 year old boy...
and I may give you too many kisses....
But, just know...
that there is no one
that I would rather learn
with then you!!
My sweet 5 year, 1 month, and 8 day old boy!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment