Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soccer Practice

Dear Owen,
It's here!
The day you are big enough
to play in a real soccer league!!!
You've been talking about this
for awhile and the day is finally here!
You are a soccer player...
and GASP!! I'm a soccer mom!!!
This morning before your
first practice we dressed up in
your cute soccer gear!
We practiced your game face...
I think you got that one down!!
You were excited to wear
the Shin guards....
You knew exactly what they
were for!
You look so big
in your soccer gear!!
I just can't believe that
you are big enough!!!
We headed of to the soccer fields
for your very first practice!!
Daddy and I were so excited for you!!!
You were a little nervous
because these were all new friends.
But it didn't take you long to warm up!!!
You practiced in the hot
Carolina sun and worked so hard!!!

You practiced kicking
the ball into the goal.
You wanted a red ball
of your very own.
You were having so much fun!!
I think I took a million pictures!
At the end of practice you
had your first team huddle.
You and the rest of the Lion team
put your hands in the middle
and then you Roar!!
That is my favorite part!!!
We can't wait to
be at every practice
and every game
to watch you grow!!!
We wouldn't miss it for the world!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Owen, Now the Lions are my favorite soccer team. Have lots of fun playing with your new friends. Love to you and Gavin. Aunt Penny