Thursday, July 7, 2011

The countdown

The countdown is on...
The countdown to your 4th
Birthday!!!
The countdown to when you are
no longer just 3 years old.
I don't know why but 4 just
sounds like a BIG KID...
and 3 still says you are
kinda sorta still my baby : )
I have to admit I'm a little scared!
I know I say it every year
but you are just growing up
to darn fast!
To fast for this mommy
who just wants to hang on
for awhile longer.
I want to hang on to you
and all things about you being 3!!

I have to admit...
3 has been great FANTASTIC!!
Better than 2
and much better than 1!!
3 has been my favorite!!
Can you just stay 3 for a little
while longer!?!

Can you just stay 3
and make these funny faces
forever!?!
Can you just stay 3
and smile that beautiful handsome
3 year old smile at me forever!?!
Can you just stay 3 and
laugh your contagious
3 year old laugh forever!?!
I know the answer is no : (
I know you have to grow up...
I know you have to get "bigger"...
In fact you tell me all the time
that you will get bigger...
That someday you will be "big"
and go to work like daddy.
Oh boy...I can't imagine letting go...
But you must sense my
sadness about you getting
"bigger"
because you always remember to say...
"Don't worry mom...
I will call you on the phone!"
I'm going to hold you to that buddy!!!
So as we countdown to the big 4...
I'm going to hold onto 3 for just a little
while longer.
All 2 months of it!!

No comments: