Saturday, October 11, 2008

A new Hair Do!

On Saturday we took Owen to get his first hair cut. I have to admit I was a little sad to say goodbye to those baby curls. I loved his long shaggy hair but, I knew it was time. We went to a really cute place called Snip Its. They make getting a hair cut feel like a trip to Disney. I wasn't sure how Owen was going to react to having a stranger cut his hair. He usually isn't afraid of strangers... except for strangers with scissors. The movie in my mind had Owen smiling for the camera giving mommy great photo ops. The reality of the situation was nowhere near the movie in my mind. He was ok with the chair, the cape, and the lady cutting his hair. The lady even was amazed that it was his first hair cut and he wasn't crying. Bring on the tears! As soon as she sprayed his hair he started crying. So no happy smiling baby pics for us. I felt so guilty letting him cry but there was no turning back once the scissors started chopping. At least he wasn't screaming! All in all his haircut looks good. I was afraid he would get hacked. It's amazing how much it changed how he looks. Goodbye baby hello toddler!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen, How handsome you are. Now you are a big boy!!!! You are such a trooper getting a big boy haircut. Love you and miss you, Aunt Penny

Anonymous said...

Owen, You are such a big boy now. Tell mommy that your curls will come back!! I love you and miss you. See you soon. Mom-Mom

Marc and Nichole Johnson said...

Owen, you are so handsome. Look how big you've gotten with just a haircut!

Anonymous said...

HI OWEN, JULIE SAYS "LOOK HE LOOKS LIKE JAMES" YOU ARE SUCH A BIG BOY WE LOVE YOU
LOVE,
JULIE, ROBIN AND BERT